Sweet Veggie Curry
This delicious, filling, slightly sweet, tangy and mildly spicy curry is a new fave.
I found a curry recipe online and modified it to suit my nutritional needs — a knack I think everyone picks up as they cook more! But, I am not here to talk too much. No shade but I hate food blogs that go on and on about the dish. Here’s what you came for:
- 1 small diced onion
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- ½ pack of sliced mushrooms
- 1 4oz. jar of red curry paste
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 0.75 pounds of chicken thighs, chopped
- 1 can of coconut milk (13.5 oz)
- 1.5 tbsp of fish sauce
- A few sizable handfuls of spinach
- A few basil leaves
- An 8oz. pack of zoodles
- Oil your pan and add the diced onion. Sauté it for about 2 minutes before adding the red bell pepper, minced garlic and mushrooms. Cook for another 3 minutes and then move the vegetables to the side of the pan.
- Dump the curry paste and peanut butter in the middle. Let it soften up and then begin to stir it in with the other veggies. After about two minutes, add the chicken thighs, the coconut milk and the fish sauce. [Note: I add the fish sauce to the milk while I’m prepping my ingredients and putting them into individual bowls. I also add my seasoning — I use Mrs. Dash — to the milk just because I find it easier.]
- Turn your pan down and let it simmer for 15 mins, stirring every once in a while. Then add your spinach, basil and zoodles. Cook for another 5 mins.
- Serve and enjoy!